Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 16: Using MNLink

Inter Library Loan was first introduced to me in college. I didn't get a chance to use it very often due to my tendency to procrastinate, but it was a great tool to have. I went to college at Minnesota State University, Mankato and we had a fabulous library. I made friends with the quirky librarian and appreciated a lot of what the library had to offer...especially that it was open late during finals week for us "crammers".

I think that using such a tool like ILL with high school students is a fascinating idea. Imagine it...how far past "Google it" can you get other than using sources that are so obscure that it is only available at certain libraries throughout the state! I think that the students would find it exciting to have in thier hands such unique sources. I just hope they don't lose them!

No comments: